At Solace we appreciate how important it is for our members to continually develop their knowledge base and understanding of public policy and leadership issues. Whether you are a Chief Executive with many years of experience or are just starting out in local government, the challenges you will face in leading within our sector are constantly changing. We try to make it as easy as possible for local government senior managers to remain on top of emerging agendas by regularly producing research reports, guides, articles and briefs on policy developments and by frequently offering members opportunities to share their expertise with colleagues.
Through this section of our website you can access:
- Research reports and briefs offering innovative policy solutions and recommendations on a range of policy areas, as well as guides containing practical counsel for members on a wide array of leadership issues.
- Articles and blogs written or contributed to by Solace staff and Board members for external publications.
- Archived copies of our weekly policy briefs, which summarise the latest policy developments in and affecting local government.
- Responses to consultations run by government departments, Parliamentary Select Committees and third sector organisations on policy proposals and issues impacting on local government.
- Details of presently open calls for evidence and surveys.
Got a question?
If you can't find the information you have been looking for or have a question that doesn't seem to be addressed on our website, please let us know using the email box below. It would be helpful if you could include your name and contact details so that we can get back to you, but if you wish to remain anonymous, that's OK- we’ll still do what we can to address your query.