We welcomed the opportunity to respond to Ofsted’s consultation on the future of social care inspection. We also welcomed the shift towards more proportionate inspections the proposals indicate. However, our response also highlights:
- The continued burden of austerity on children's services
- The negative impact an 'inadequate' judgment can have and the timescales for reinspection
- The importance of sector-led improvement
- The need to recognise all local partners involved in the wellbeing and safety of children
- The need for regulatory bodies to keep pace with new emerging models of delivery and the context of devolution in many areas
Read the full submission here.